Friday, June 12, 2009

Alanna & Arlo


Years ago I booked a trip to Napa Valley to visit a friend. I got a puppy sitter for Cash and listed my tiny Soho apartment on Craigslist because that's what you do when rent costs as much as a body part. Alanna & Arlo subleased my place. They were strangers. I landed in San Francisco and got a frantic call from Cash's puppy sitter saying she could not look after Cash. All of a sudden her place was too small, there were too many people living with her and there was no room for Cash. Cash was four moths at the time. Lame. But that's another story. I called absolutely everyone I knew in New York asking them to look after him but no one could on such short notice. I had never boarded him so that wasn't an option. I was out of options. I called Alanna & Arlo, who again, were strangers, and offered them a full refund if they would so kindly look after the meatball for a week. They agreed whole heartedly. That was two years ago. This picture was taken at Marlo & Sons in South Williamsburg on Alanna & Arlo's last day visiting New York. We crushed soft-shell crab sandwiches and drank bloody mary's and coffee. Thank God for good friends.

No comments: